The Most Popular Mid-Century Modern Fireplace Style April 03 2019
Mid-century modern style may have originated in the 1940s and 50s, but this home décor trend isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. With serious staying power that’s earned it a place among the most beloved design eras in history, mid-century modern style has become increasingly popular in recent years. Whether you spruce up your space with a small touch or generous dose of mid-century décor, the style’s signature clean lines, minimalistic look, and ultra-modern vibes can take any room from blah to beautiful.
Mid-Century Modern Fireplaces: A Unique Style Statement
A mid-century modern fireplace is an ideal option for homeowners looking to add personality and style to their space. For new builds and historic homes alike, mid-century modern fireplaces are a bold design decision that can transform any room. With styles in a variety of colors, sizes, and shapes, there’s no end the how classic or eclectic you can go. If you’re considering enhancing your home with a mid-century modern fireplace, there are plenty of ways to make the trend your own.
Popular Mid-Century Modern Fireplace Styles
Here are a few of the most popular styles you see when shopping for mid-century modern fireplaces:
- The Majestic style has a distinctly geometric shape, featuring a long narrow chimney pipe and triangular base. You can find Majestic-style fireplaces in neutral shades like black or white, capturing the minimalistic vibe that the era is so famous for. Or, consider a speckled finish for a more eclectic look.
- The Duke Malm is another popular style, with its conical base adding interest in any space. You can choose classic finishes like a matte black or glossy white, a neutral brown, or a bolder shade like royal blue.
- The Orb is one of the most unique mid-century modern fireplace styles. The eye-catching spherical base makes a serious statement whether you choose a neutral or vibrant shade.
- Other mid-century modern fireplace styles include conical, carousel, and Aztec.
Even with variations in shape, color, and overall look, mid-century modern fireplaces typically share certain characteristics including a tall, narrow chimney pipe, angular design, and distinctive silhouette.
Tips for Decorating with a Mid-Century Modern Fireplace
Choosing a fireplace is a major design decision, but you don’t have to be overwhelmed by the challenge. When you’re trying to find a mid-century modern fireplace to suit your space, keep these tips in mind:
- Your mid-century fireplace can be the only vintage piece in your home or one of many – it’s entirely up to you. You don’t have to have a room full of mid-century modern décor to make a vintage fireplace look at home.
- Don’t be afraid to choose a mid-century fireplace in a bright shade like red, yellow, or blue for a pop of color that can completely change the feel of your space. Consider other elements in your home like paint color and large furniture pieces, but don’t feel limited by what you already have. Oftentimes, a brightly-colored fireplace can be the perfect way to breathe new life into a room.
- Search for authentic vintage fireplaces to ensure you find one with the signature quality, durability, and design of the mid-century modern era.
Mid-Century Modern Fireplaces in Long Beach, California
Ready to add style and personality to your home with one-of-a-kind vintage furniture? Long Beach is home to one of the best vintage warehouses in the region, Urban Americana. With 16,000 square feet of warehouse space, Urban Americana is your source for mid-century modern furniture and décor. Here, you can browse a massive variety of vintage home décor, including authentic mid-century modern fireplaces to add one-of-a-kind flair to your space. We host antique dealers, artisans, and vintage-inspired designers from all over the region, collecting their best finds and creations in one easy-to-shop location.
Find your perfect mid-century modern fireplace and another vintage décor by visiting Urban Americana in Long Beach today!